I had to use Git on Windows to work with my own sharpOauth library on a Microsoft environment while working on my Office Addin.
I used the following tutorial by nathanj as a reference.
Here are the steps I followed
- download and install putty in c:\program files\putty
- download and install msysgit. I picked the package called msysGit-fullinstall-22.214.171.124-preview20101002.exe
- opening c:\msysgit\msys.bat
- cd /c/Documents\ and\ Settings/<username>/Mes\ Documents/Workspace
- /share/msysGit/initialize.sh (say yes when asked to validate)
- git clone https://firstname.lastname@example.org/samo9789/sharpOAuth.git
I didn’t end up using the graphical interface showed in nathanj’s tutorial which is closed to what I’m used to on OS X. I’d rather have a similar experience with Git cross platform so it’s best that way for me.