In case you are sharing a disk over network and you want it to be available on your Mac automatically at boot up, you can have it auto mount at login.
- Go to System Preferences > Users & Groups.
- Make sure your user is selected on the left and go to the Login Items tab
- Go to the Finder and press Cmd+K and connect to your network drive. Make sure to save the password to your keychain.
- A Finder window opens showing the content of your network drive. Press Cmd + up arrow key to go up a level
- Drag and Drop your network volume in the Login Items window
- Check the box Hide left to your Volume in the list so the window won’t open at every boot up
- Close the System Preferences, you’re all set